Tuesday, June 10, 2008

First Part Last by Angela Johnson


Book Recommendation by Jasmyn N.

Buford Branch Library

I would’ve never believed that I would’ve witnessed a sixteen year-old boy being a single parent, until I read “The First Part Last”, by Angela Johnson.

I like this book because it was easy to read and because Bobby, the main character, was such a good parent to his daughter, Feather. Not only did I see him being a father, but I felt him being a daddy to her.
Nia, Feather’s mother, and Bobby decided to put Feather up for adoption before she was born. One major condition of Nia’s pregnancy changed Bobby’s mind.

One interesting character in, The First Part Last, is Just Frank. Before Just Frank passed away he asked Bobby if he was being a ‘man’.

In some cases teenagers never grow up, if you want to know how Bobby answered Just’s question you’ll have to read the book.

More books I would recommend are:
The Skin I’m In, Bird, Begging for Change, Money Hungry, and Heaven.

No comments: